Connected Components Workbench Install HELP!

keithsimpson

Hey everyone,

I'm a long time lurker first time poster. Searching threads here has helped me tremendously since I joined but I now have a problem but cant find a solution.

As the title says Im intalling CCW ver.4 on a WIn 7 64bit laptop but I'm struggling. It took around 3.5 hours for CCW part of the install to install but when it goes to upgrade controlflash it sits at 'please wait'. I let it sit there overnight but its still no good, so i canceled the install. I'm now trying to remove controlflash and do a fresh install but again its sitting at 'please wait'.

Anyone else had problems or anyone that can offer help will be greatly appreciated.

CCW takes a long time to install - this is normal.
you may have corrupted the install
by memory there is a specific way to uninstall it.
it is onthe website.
you need to follow this procedure.
I have not been online with V4 yet so I dont know if there are problems

Thanks for the replies guys but i finally got it sorted.

I had to use a registry cleaning and repair program to fix the controlflash problem. It found a whole heap of controlflash entries that had no destination. I had to run it 3 times in a row to fully clean it out but after that it installed fully and quickly, as well as slightly speeding up the load up and use of CCW.

If anyone has similar problems i suggest trying this method out.

I used Tuneup Utilities 2013 registry cleaner for this.