help programming==> controlling motor "rolling shutter" with only 1 push button

alfa75

help programming==> controlling motor "rolling shutter" with only 1 push button

i have trouble programming the following function: i want to control a motor (rolling shutter) with just only 1 push button. can someone help me out and give an example on how to program?

push 1 time ==> motor up
push 2nd time ==> motor stop
push 3th time ==> motor down
push 4th time ==> motor stop

thanks Riccardo

Here is one way to use a counter with no latches or set instructions for the motors. This allows interfacing with the most common motor control circuits.

Alfa's Shutter Control Ladder.jpg

You mean DALI?

Don't know how you call it but shiftibg is moving bits in one direection.
In your case you could move 1 from bit 0 to bit 3. Although maybe lancie's solution is shortest.

As for FBD or LD i'd assume that if plc support one it'll support other. Nevertheless LD will be supported by almost all PLC'S.

let's take M0 for our shift register
then:
if pushbutton is pressed then (
if M0 = 0 or 8 => set m0.0
else shift left 1 bit )

if OSR m0.1 or OSR m0.3 stop motor
if OSR m0.0 and not lmt_end start motor up
if OSR m0.2 and not lmt_end start motor down

OSR = one shot rising

also i would hardwire reveresal interlock

@alfa75 DALI is not a shift register, it is a system to control lighting.

If you haven't already, check out the library for twincat at oscat.de, there could be something useful in it for building automation.

I would put an R_TRIG on the pushbutton (I've rPushbutten as the trigger) so you have a rising trigger and proceed as follows:

Code:
CASE nStep OF
0: IF (rPushbutton) THEN nStep:=1 END_IF; (*do nothing here*)
1: IF (rPushbutton) THEN nStep:=2 END_IF; (*motor up*)
2: IF (rPushbutton) THEN nStep:=3 END_IF; (*do nothing*)
3: IF (rPushbutton) THEN nStep:=0 END_IF; (*motor down*)
END_CASE;

Yes it is! Why? The rolling chutter came originally with an up-down switch directly on power (230V ac).
Most likly the shutter has limit switches. You should look at how those are wired. If they are not wired directly into the motor circuit, then you should wire those switches to PLC inputs so that you do not burn out the motor if someone fails to hit the STOP button.

@alfa75 DALI is not a shift register, it is a system to control lighting.

If you haven't already, check out the library for twincat at oscat.de, there could be something useful in it for building automation.

I would put an R_TRIG on the pushbutton (I've rPushbutten as the trigger) so you have a rising trigger and proceed as follows:

Code:
CASE nStep OF
0: IF (rPushbutton) THEN nStep:=1 END_IF; (*do nothing here*)
1: IF (rPushbutton) THEN nStep:=2 END_IF; (*motor up*)
2: IF (rPushbutton) THEN nStep:=3 END_IF; (*do nothing*)
3: IF (rPushbutton) THEN nStep:=0 END_IF; (*motor down*)
END_CASE;

thanks, will have a look!