Logix 5K Data Archiving

joecool2112

Good afternoon,

I am relatively new to logix programming and am looking for a simple or relatively simple way of storing a floating point value for future use each time a specific trigger happens. as an example, lets say I fill a 55 gallon drum with Mayo and my scale input to the plc reads 550.7 pounds. the operator then hits tare and the weight would move to a database and the process would start over. What is the best way to store these weights along with time/date.

thanks much!

Joe

Joe
A FIFO Load would do that, just remember to do an unload each time or the file will fill up and stop excepting new loads
you could also do a file shift or just shift the file index each time you want to store data.
Multiple ways to do that.