Monitoring backup battery in a compactlogix system.

Apollo

Im wonderring if the is a system variable or its possible in an other way to get information in to the PLC code about the backup battery on the compactlogix controller? What I mean is if the battery is bad it will activate a variable in the PLC code, that for example can be shown in a HMI system...
The system Im using is 1769-L32E

Hi,

I haven't done this, so I thought it might be interesting to look this up...

Under Help, look at the GSV instruction.

There is an object there called "Controller".

Further reading about this object leads to the Minor & Major fault codes

There is a Minor Fault code for Battery missing or in need of replacement.

So, you may be able to get battery status using a GSV instruction

Im wonderring if the is a system variable or its possible in an other way to get information in to the PLC code about the backup battery on the compactlogix controller? What I mean is if the battery is bad it will activate a variable in the PLC code, that for example can be shown in a HMI system...
The system Im using is 1769-L32E
A GSV will do what you need.See attached image.

batt_fault.jpg