Step7 5.5 pro 64 bit Win7

dahnuguy

I have Win7 Ent 64 bit
I have Step7 PRO V5.5 K5.5.0.0
I can and have loaded the S7 5.5 on 32 bit XP mode, this is not about that configuration.

I have downloaded the S7 SP1 from Siemens

http://support.automation.siemens.c...=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

That download is S7 5.5 k5.5.1.0 SP1 .....NOT PRO. Does not incl SIM SCL or Graph

I have S7 PRO 5.5
I can not load the 32 bit step7 pro onto the 64 bit win7 and then install SP1, because s7 will not begin the install.

The SP1 download from Siemens is actually a full installation of Step7 v5.5 SP1, not just a service pack.

And I don't see any way to include the SP1 into the 32 bit S7 PRO that I have .

I also thought about just loading the basic s7 64 bit version and then adding each of the other components if they are available in 64 bit version.

I can't find SCL or SIM in 64 bit from Siemens.

I may have found Graph 64 bit , haven't tried it yet.

Anybody else worked this out yet?

I read the notice about receiving a DVD with PRO and SP1 together , btu I haven't seen that yet. We may not be eligible. Have to check on that. But that wont solve the issue today or tomorrow though.

I am looking for a download solution that can be implemented today or tomorrow.

Any help would be ..............helpful.

Last edited:
What happens if you try to run the installer for SP1, without a prior installed STEP7 ?

edit: I think that it is possible to fool the installer to think it is running under another OS.
Did do that once with Win XP. You had to setup a command prompt to run in "compatibility mode", then call the installer from that command prompt.

If that does not help, try to contact Siemens for a full v5.5+SP1 installation DVD.

Last edited:
What happens if you try to run the installer for SP1, without a prior installed STEP7 ?

edit: I think that it is possible to fool the installer to think it is running under another OS.
Did do that once with Win XP. You had to setup a command prompt to run in "compatibility mode", then call the installer from that command prompt.

If that does not help, try to contact Siemens for a full v5.5+SP1 installation DVD.

Running the installer for S7 v5.5 SP1 will install Step7 5.5 non pro which works great on 64 bit win7, but without SIM SCL and GRAPH.

I had thought of trying to trick it but I just don't have time to play around with 3 or 4 hour installs that don't work when finished.

If I had a spare machine I could look over and hit continue and yes I'm sure every so often without much interruption.

I had hoped someone had already been down this path.

I am waiting for my management team to supply me with a disc from the local Siemens distributor.

I can still work in XP mode with S7 5.5 k5.5.0.0

I would like to run S7 in the native machine though.

Step7 V5.5 SP1 is only for Basic Step7, SCL, Graph and plcsim are different products and have their own updates.

Pro is just license for those all.

It seems that SCL has no SP6 for download. Service release for Step7 prof will have them all.

Last edited:
Update:

I found some recent downloads at Siemens, I add them here to consolidate the information with the original question. Should make it easier for others who search the forum and find the question.

http://support.automation.siemens.c...lib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=51884382&caller=view

http://support.automation.siemens.c...=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

http://support.automation.siemens.c...lib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=51884628&caller=view

These are new versions that claim to be 64 bit. I am installing now.

If install works, I'll use them for a week or so and report back.

Interesting. I have a problem where the USB-MPI adapter wont install under windows 7 64 bit. Yes I know ethernet is the way to go but on older plant it is not an option.

is there a new driver for this?

Cheers

Interesting. I have a problem where the USB-MPI adapter wont install under windows 7 64 bit. Yes I know ethernet is the way to go but on older plant it is not an option.

Cheers

I assume driver is not signed? If that is the problem, there is solution for it.

Last edited:
Installed the new Step7 V5.5 SP1 which does work nicely on WIn7 64 bit.
But it is the base version not PRO, as detailed above.
So I found the new versions of each sub module to make it a PRO install. See links above.

So now I have:
S7 5.5 SP1
SCL
Graph

All working in 64Bit Win7

However, the download for PLCSIM is an update for SIM 5.4
Which means you need a previous version installed to install the update, but none of the previous versions will install on 64bit Win7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The following installation requirements have not been met:
S7-PLCSIM V5.4, V5.4 incl. SP1, V5.4 incl. SP2, V5.4 incl. SP3, V5.4 incl. SP4 or V5.4 incl. SP5 must be installed"

In fact the EXE package wont even unpack, I had to unpack the compressed file from the virtual 32bit Win7 just to be able to see the files.

I also copied the PLCSIM directory from a 32 bit install to same place in 64 bit land just to see if the 64 bit would recognize it and install the new version over it.

Does not work, I didn't really expect that to work, I just had to try it.

The disk I got from the support group has the same compressed EXE that I already tried to use without success.

Everything 64bit except PLCSIM, I would really enjoy having SIM.

At least now I can go online and do edits etc without the Virtual machine.

I have heard that TIA portal has a new 64 bit PLCSIM that might work if used with S7 5.5 SP1 on Win7 64 bit.

Can't find a download for TIA portal

Just a clarification..........we have the licenses for the software, this is not about hacking, but it is beginning to feel like it.

Cheers

I have read that the support for this feature is "built in" to S7 5.5 SP1

thanks Dahnuguy
A colleague has win 7 64 bit and has been unable to use S7 even as a vm with a usb adaptor so we will give it a go.
The sim is a bit of a problem too

Today I have all components of Step7 5.5 SP1 running on Win7 64bit.
S7 PRO
GRAPH
SCL
PLCSIM

You need the full version of PLCSIM 5.4 SP5 rev K.5.4.5.0

There is no 64 bit PLCSIM download anywhere on the Siemens site or in any of the install discs that I have , including the one the local Siemens Rep dropped off. However,everything else I got from the links above.

Currently if you want to install PLCSIM for 64 bit Win7, you need to find it from an "alternative" source.

The source I found reported that the original source is the new TIA Portal version of Step7. According to the information I have, even the 32 bit version of TIA has the new 64 bit PLCSIM in it and the SIM can be lifted from that install disc.

I don't see TIA anywhere on the Siemens site for download either.

So if you want S7 PRO with all components now, you need to find TIA and see if the SIM will load for you and the rest is available from the Siemens site.

If you can't find a TIA disc, you can use Google to find a full version of the SIM. It is out there.

To be fair to Siemens, this is all pretty new software, but they should have it all in download form soon. I would release new software in download form first and then do the "paper" release pointing to the working link, and then make a physical disc available to anyone who requests it. It seems that big companies like this in reverse order.

This was not meant to be a tutorial, just some information. It should be simple enough to follow. I had no issues with WinnCC, but I had that on disc already. I did download service pack 1.3 for WinCC, I think Siemens calls it "update 13".

If I run into any 64 bit related issues with the new S7 install, I will update this thread.

We have had our SUS v5.5 SP1 for few weeks now. There is nothing TIA portal in it. It was packed on same box tough.

Did you install this on Win7 64 bit?
Did you have SCL, GRAPH and PLCSIM all working in 64 bit Win7?
I have still not received any new 64 bit discs from Siemens.

Now I discover that WinnCC does not work in 64bit Win7.........arrrrgg

Odd how there was a WinnCC of sorts but it was version 2007, but this crashed every time the PC started and will not load a screen from my integrated HMI, but the HMI is visible in the project and when I open the project, I do not get the missing module error message.