Modbus RTU connection from a Micrologix 1400 to Accuvim iiR-D

sophickj

Hi,

I need some assistance in establishing a modbus RTU connection (communication) with a Micrologix 1400 and a accuvim ii. An AIC was used to connect from the accuvim ii to the PLC but I am not getting a connection. Anyone familiar with this process can assist please.

The 1761-AIC+ is a RS232 to RS485 converter/isolator and a point to point RS232 isolator. See manual below (page 10). It will work for the OP's application.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...S6EO3n7Y_amsAQaQg&sig2=4WAlI984E3LCm5t7DzPAmQ

But channel 0 can be setup for RS485 communication without using an AIC, see excerpt from the manual for the ML1400 below.

When connecting to RS-485 network using DH-485, DF1 Half-Duplex Master/Slave,
Modbus RTU Master/Slave or DNP3 Slave protocols, the MicroLogix 1400 can be
connected directly via Channel 0 without an Advanced Interface Converter, catalog
number 1761-NET-AIC. The Channel 0 combo port provides both RS-232 and
RS-485 isolated connections. The appropriate electrical interface is selected through
your choice of communication cable. The existing MicroLogix 1761 communication
cables provide an interface to the RS-232 drivers. The 1763-NC01 cable provides an
interface to the RS-485 drivers.

I am not familiar with the OP's Accuvim iiR-D

Last edited: