HRESULT: 0x8007000B when attempting to install Codesys packages

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello:

I have done probably dozens of Codesys installations in the last couple of years and trying to do something I regard as an ordinary task, the installation of the Codesys environment on a Windows 10 PC, has become a headache. The PC is brand-new iCore7 PC, fairly new and with abundant resources. I have installed on this PC other engineering packages including TwinCAT, but I have done the same on other PCs and have not experienced this problem.
The Codesys Windows install is CODESYS 64.3.5.17.10.exe and the PC is of course 64 bit. I have installed al the redistributables for VC, SQL, and dot net framework. How can I solve this problem?🔨

codesys_pckage_install.png

OK, so I am digging deeper into this problem because as a result of the error above it seems I am unable to save files that I created before with the same PC. Now I have confirmed I have this problem in three Windows 10 PCs that I just updated, and on the one PC that I have not updated Windows 10 I do not have the problem shown below. Internet searches for error 0x8007000B point to install issues, but have not found anything specific to CODESYS.

2022-05-05_Codesys_Save_error.png

That is my problem. All these projects used to work, now they don't and the only thing that I have changes is the Windows updates. Currently trying to install the latest 3.15.18.0 which I have never used, to see if this fixes the problem.

I have had problems with 3.5.17 installation which took half a day to complete and still have problems opening old projects.

From the time they changed to modular installation there has been problems with some add-ons not being installed. Everything from firewall to antivirus was mentioned as possible cause for failure.

I checked mine and it had compatibility package installed which must've been included with the original installation.

kalabdel, thanks very much for showing me this link. I was not aware of this. problem #3 describes exactly the problem I have. Will test this solution on one of the PCs that still has this problem.

OK, I have learned more about this issue and want to share my findings because it could help others.
I realized that this "HRESULT: 0x8007000B" problem with the CODESYS tool would start showing up after installing RSLinx Lite 4.30.00 CPR 9 SR 13.0 on the PC. Then I tried to see what was RSLinx 4.30 doing to the related MS C++ Redistributable packages or .Net Framework packages, but it was overwhelming (checking the installed packages and trying to compare installations between PCs) and could not see a clear cut difference.
Then went back to the only PC where my CODESYS installation was still working, but I realized that this PC already had RSLinx 4.30. What was different is that although this one PC is running on Windows 10 64-bit (like all other others I use and reported in this post), by sheer luck I had installed the 32-bit version of CODESYS on that one PC. And this is the workaround I am using. That is, I need to install the 32-bit version of CODESYS on any PC in which RSLinx 4.30 is installed, because using the 64-bit version has an issue with many of the CODESYS additional packages such as the Raspberry PI package and this causes the "HRESULT: 0x8007000B" problem. Did not get feedback from the CODESYS forum, so for now this is my work around. Hope this may be useful and saves you a lot of time.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your discovery AlfredoQuintero.
I've been having the same issue (on multipl PC's) and going insane not finding any reference to the issue (until your post).

I also have RSLinx installed on the problematic machines.

Thanks for sharing your discovery AlfredoQuintero.
I've been having the same issue (on multipl PC's) and going insane not finding any reference to the issue (until your post).

I also have RSLinx installed on the problematic machines.
NigelH. I can understand your feeling. I hope you will solve your issues. For me it just as you describe.