Factory Talk View Studio... Control list questions.

notavai

New here, new to Studio View. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm working on getting Factory Talk View Studio to build an HMI screen that allows for displaying weight calculations for different specific gravities as selected. I'm using a calculation and adjusting visibility of each ingredient's display accordingly, but am stuck on trying to separate the vessels when selecting the ingredients.

If I make the weight visible to the following expression it performs half correct because it also disappears when the other silo's are selected:

({Silo_levels\Visible_state} == 0) AND ({Silo_levels\Active_Silo_selection_display} == 0) == 1

I am hoping to use the control list as the ingredient selection method with each ingredient value ranging from 0-17 respectively. Each value I need to have a specific gravity multiplier tied to it, that is selectable for each of the silos.

The visibility needs to be maintained until another ingredient is selected for each silo and continue on the already assigned while selecting another silo's ingredient.

Specific gravity selection screen.PNG scale display visibility expression.jpg Control list_cream selected 7.PNG Control list_cream selected 8.PNG

({Silo_levels\Visible_state} == 0) AND ({Silo_levels\Active_Silo_selection_display} == 0) == 1
This expression will be true (and thus the indicator visible) only when both 'Silo_Levels\Visible_state' and 'Silo_Levels\Active_Silo_selection_display' are equal to 0. The '== 1' on the end is redundant.

What actually controls those values? Since the indicator vanishes, something must set one of them to a value other than 0.

The {visible_state} tag is based off the control list state value (can be 0-17) at the time of the ENTER button press. In this pictured case it is set for a state of 0 because of the Corn syrup having that state.

Corn syrup 0
Cream 1
Lecithin 2
Malt 3
Skim 4
ECT...

The {Active_silo_selection_display} is the active selection value based on the Interlocked pushbuttons (silo 7, Silo 8, Silo 9, Silo10). These buttons need to be individually selectable but not more than one active at any given time.

This sounds like something I would do in the PLC instead. have just
momentary pushbuttons for the silo selection that clear out the other silo upon selection. and have the ingredients as part of an array. syrup at .0, cream .1 etc etc. based on what silo is selected and ingredient selected it would move the specific gravity into the numeric box

(1) In the third image you attached, what was the last button you clicked, or if you pressed a key (Enter?) which widget (rectangle) on the screen had focus i.e. which widget "received" the key press?

(2) In the fourth image you attached, same question?

(3) If you get to the state of the fourth image (Silo 8 button is green and [Adjusted weight (kg)] widgets are not visible), what happens if you make the "last button/keypress" the same as it was for question (1) above?

The {Active_silo_selection_display} is the active selection value based on the Interlocked pushbuttons (silo 7, Silo 8, Silo 9, Silo10). These buttons need to be individually selectable but not more than one active at any given time.
There you have why the indicator vanished when you selected silo 8 -- the value of {Active_Silo_selection_display} ceased to be 0, which was one of the visibility conditions.

I agree with Enjineerj22 that from the sounds of it you'd be better off moving values inside the PLC rather than trying to shuffle visibility.

(1) In the third image you attached, what was the last button you clicked, or if you pressed a key (Enter?) which widget (rectangle) on the screen had focus i.e. which widget "received" the key press?

Last pressed was the ENTER button. Which gave the left most [adjusted weight] icon (corn syrup=0) to be visible and turned off visibility for the middle (cream=1), when the enter is pressed it goes to the [ingredient Active State] numeric display under the ingredient list.

(2) In the fourth image you attached, same question?

Same as prior question, only this time the [Silo 8] interlocked button is active.

(3) If you get to the state of the fourth image (Silo 8 button is green and [Adjusted weight (kg)] widgets are not visible), what happens if you make the "last button/keypress" the same as it was for question (1) above?

It will change visibility accross the board like what is pictured. I have not found a way to make the selection remain independent of the silo selection because I don't have a good rule in place to remain visibility on the individual silo selections.

See quoted section.

There you have why the indicator vanished when you selected silo 8 -- the value of {Active_Silo_selection_display} ceased to be 0, which was one of the visibility conditions.

I agree with Enjineerj22 that from the sounds of it you'd be better off moving values inside the PLC rather than trying to shuffle visibility.

Is there any function of the control list selector to allow for each selection to be joined to a multiplication factor?

What is the visibility expression for the red-highlighted widget in the image below?

View attachment 60711

Same as the above. The left visibility is tied to the Corn Syrup (control list state 0), the center visibility is tied to Cream (control list state 1). My issue seems to be the rule overlapping with the last selected silo (interlocked buttons). I don't have a way to separate the selection of silos.

what do these symbols

• Silo_levels\Visible_state
  • Silo_levels\Active_Silo_selection_display
represent?

Visible state is the active state selected from the control list.

Active silo selection display is the current selected silo from the interlocked buttons.

I currently am shifting this into having 4 control lists and buttons tied to each silo with visibility when their respective silo is selected.

Visible state is the active state selected from the control list.

Active silo selection display is the current selected silo from the interlocked buttons.

I currently am shifting this into having 4 control lists and buttons tied to each silo with visibility when their respective silo is selected.

So if [Silo 8] is selected from the interlocked buttons, then

• the value of Silo_levels\Active_Silo_selection_display will be 1, or something other than 0,
  • so the expression for the [Silo 8] [Adjusted Weight (kg)] widgets, [((Silo_levels\Visible_state) == N) AND (Silo_levels\Active_Silo_selection_display == 0)) == 1] will evaluate as false,
The HMI is doing what you told it to do, if not what you want it to do.