Running a FB once per day

Taiger

Hello all,

I'm still a beginner on all of this, but trying my best.
I have been searching, but not been able to find any good tip on how I should define a FB in OB1 so that it only run once / day at a specific time.

I was thinking on using SFC1 and from there set it to run at a specific time (12:00:00). However I would only like it to run once and not maybe 10 times during the 1 second when set time is true.
Basically what the function should do is subtract value X from value Y and write the answer to Z. I do know how to make that function, but I thought I give this as a reference for what I'm building. It should basically say what the production have been during the day.

I'm using a Siemens S7-313C and Step 7 v5.6

There are OB's designed specifically for this. I believe OB10 is one of them. Search for "Time of day interrupt" for more specific info on them

If it don't need be accurate to milliseconds, then read PLC clock time. Convert to hour, minutes and seconds and compare them to wanted clock time, then run FB with En-input and R_trig.