Ciect Scada 7.2 connection to m340 via MODNET

NickEfanov

Hi everyone!
I am newbie here so be kind)
I have some m340 plcs in one network and one TSX quantum, that reads data from them via io scanning, there is a pc in the same network that have ofsopc running on it, and there is another operator's pc with citect scada 7.2 client on it. OFS reads data from quantum, and this pc is described as i/o server for scada client, so everything is clear. But now I need to add a new tag from one of M340's to scada client, via ethernet and modnet protocol (not via opc), so I need to add a new i/o server for the tag and describe its network address. I don't understand what pc would be io server for modnet and how to describe it in i/o server window (network address etc). I just need to read one var with operator's scada client directly from one of m340 plc. Any help is very much appreciated!:confused:

Register offset

I don't know anything about Ciect but I do know that there is a 1-register difference in the communications between the M340 and the Quantum. If you don't get the expected value right away with the M340 try a holding register address that is one greater or one less than what you thought it should be.

Another difference is register alignment on float and double integer variables. The ARM CPU in the M340 is fussier than the CPU in the Quantum. This is a small price to pay for a huge cost difference in processors. Alignment won't be a problem in your system if you have an existing M340 program since the compiler already forced you to follow the rules. You may run into it if you change out the Quantum someday to a M340 or M580.

Modbus requires some tinkering - but it's like a car that is that old. It takes some patience on the part of a mechanic to make it go.

Allright guys, I have figured it out. There is no issues with modbus registers, as i blamed them first though))
I can actually configure any pc as an i/o server, you can not connect to m340 directly from pc described as "client", there should be an i/o server between them, or you can define your client pc as i/o server + client machine and use its IP as server's IP. Maybe it would be useful for someone. Anyway, thank you for your input.