GX Works3 Compile after FB interface change

cottagewood

In Siemens when you change the interface on an FB, the FB's in the project turn red and then you can right click and update the block call.

The same happens with GXworks3 except that the only way I've found to update the blocks is to delete them and re-insert them which is an absolute pain in the neck, surely there's an easier way, I'd be grateful if anyone knows how?

If I remember correctly, just highlight the block in the program file (will have an X through it, go to the function block tree & select your function block by double clicking it, it should update. On-line mods are not allowed in FB's as it requires the program to be shifted by more than the allowed on-line change bytes.

If I remember correctly, just highlight the block in the program file (will have an X through it, go to the function block tree & select your function block by double clicking it, it should update. On-line mods are not allowed in FB's as it requires the program to be shifted by more than the allowed on-line change bytes.

I tried that but no luck, I tried it with GXworks2 amd IECdevelper as well and it's the same.
You can add tags in the header as long as they aren't input or outputs. As soon as you add an Input or Output it has a fit

Then you must have a bad installation, see pics, just added a new input to my FB & pic shows crossed out calls, highlighted one of those, then double clicked on the FB in the tree on the right hand side & it replaced the call to the FB, only problem is due to the IN/OUT parameters being after the ins & outs, need to move the variables & add the new one, so it does work.

FB Modified.png Updated FB.jpg

Ahh, I was clicking on the FB in the left hand tree, I didn't have the Elements Tree open,it does indeed work on GXworks2
The same thing doesn't seem to work in GXworks3 though.

Yes you are correct, no idea why they did not do it the same, I do find the GXW3 is a bit iffy in some respects, I personally like GXW2 style, I must admit I have done very little in V3, the only thing to do is delete the old call & drop on the updated FB, however, if auto connect is active it links the variables so have to delete the connectors, I do not like the auto connect even in GXW2 so I turn it off.