Need to replace a gearbox on a Brushless Servo that is on Kinetix 6000.Ratio change?

Good Morning ,

We are going to need to change a gearbox that as a MPL-B540K-MJ24AA connected to it. The gearbox is 19.5 : 1. The problem is that the gearbox to replace it , comes only 18.5 : 1 or 21.1 :1 . Wouldn't that cause a problem since the motor and encoder is turning at a known speed , and the output is turning at a different speed ? If so , how would I adjust for the difference ? I imagine I would adjust for the difference in Axis Properties, correct ?

I am using Kinetix 6000 with a Controllogix PLC .

Thanks so much in advance

Yes, the mechanical ratios for an axis are defined in the Axis Properties, in the "Scaling" folder.

If you're changing out a gearbox, all you have to do is change the ratio in the "Transmission" field. The Actuator and Units information should just stay the same.

Thanks for the help. What type of software do you have. I have RS Logix 5000 Standard . I don't see the "Scaling " tab on Axis Properties. What could I be missing ?

Thanks again for your help.

same issue I am facing right now

so my problem is I had to change the gearbox which has different ratio. I tried to change from scaling tab but the ratio boxes are greyed out.

so my problem is I had to change the gearbox which has different ratio. I tried to change from scaling tab but the ratio boxes are greyed out.

You have to make the change while offline, and then download the program to the controller. This can't be done as an online change.

Bubba.

Thanks for your reply, I tried that too but the transmission ratio is greyed out on scaling tab under axis properties. as I have attached pic you can see i am offline yet can't do changes.

Untitled.jpg

It shows most of parameters are greyed out. I solved it with the rockwell tech support. It was file corruption issue. I exported the .acd file to .L5k and reimported to .acd file with different name. I can do changes now.

It shows most of parameters are greyed out. I solved it with the rockwell tech support. It was file corruption issue. I exported the .acd file to .L5k and reimported to .acd file with different name. I can do changes now.

Thanks for reporting back with your solution as it may help someone in the future.

Hi
I may need to do the same thing by changing a gearbox to a different ratio ,
So what I have read change the transmission (ratio) and save and then download the hole project to the processor and save to the sd card if ADC ACTIVE
Is this right