Install Studio 5000 V32.03.01 after I installed V33.00.00?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just installed Studio 5000 Designer V33 I falsely assumed it would have included V32.03.01 but it didn't.

Am I going to screw up install if I install V32.03.01 now?

Normal software would include warnings and checks if it was dangerous. But it is rockwell so I ask.

I just installed Studio 5000 Designer V33 I falsely assumed it would have included V32.03.01 but it didn't.

Normal software would include warnings and checks if it was dangerous. But it is rockwell so I ask.

It is likely that yes some of the DLLs in V33 would upgrade the DLLs in V32.

I would go to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Common and copy this onto my desktop before installing V32.

Once V32 is installed, I would copy over the "Common" folder from my desktop and paste it back in the location above. This has resolved my issues in the past.

Otherwise, I would just reinstall V33 again.

V33 is less than day old, so nobody knows if it will create any issues.
I actually installed it last night on VMWare and I am planning to add V32 later, just don't know when...

I have installed V32.03 on the image that had V31 and V33.
No issues here, but your situation may be different

Ok guys it just installed 32.03 it only gave me the option to install studio everything else was grayed out since it was newer. So I installed it. Seems to be working fine.

The Rockwell upgrade thing has been, since at least 1995, install your stuff in the order of age and it will likely work OK. Subject to known problems with various versions (like Studio V27 and Server 2016).

My latest upgrade - (I never upgrade an old VM. Start with a new windows load!), I used server 2012 since Studio 27 won't run on Server 2016 :( ... I started with my oldest RSLogix 500, then V21 RSLogix, then the newer RSLogix 500, then Studio 27, then Networx, then Studio V32.03. All ran through my normal testing. RSlinx and Factorytalk Linx upgraded on their own as newer versions were installed .. and RSLinx works fine.

I got tripped up on the Factorytalk Activation ... my license server is older so the new programming VM won't run (after the 7 day grace period) until I upgrade FTAM on the license server. Which I can't do until I can take down the Factorytalk View, Asset Center, etc etc during our turn-around. SIGH.