TIA Portal Recipe View how to save recipe data

thewalkerist

Hello Everyone,

I created a Recipe View and i plan to use it on multiple presets, change them, rename them, delete them, add new ones whatver i like. And it works, i open up the screen add the variables and name them and they stay that way. But after closing down the simulation and re-opening it everything just gets removed instantly and i look at the blank recipe view screen again without any of my values.

I created a data record and to my dismay data record didnt update when i changed my values and saved them. How can i save these values so they stay just like the retentive values on my data blocks after i changed them?

Screenshot (848).png

I dont see where are my recipes stored. When i add a new one nothing gets to the data records and when i change their values nothing changes in the existing data records

I am writing this if someone else encounters the same problem. There is no other way then exporting and importing the values to and from the csv file. So from what i gather if you do not have a memory card to store these values then when there is a re-initialization or a factory reset its gone.

I am writing this if someone else encounters the same problem. There is no other way then exporting and importing the values to and from the csv file. So from what i gather if you do not have a memory card to store these values then when there is a re-initialization or a factory reset its gone.

Memory card or USB, but yes. You could hypothetically export to a network drive, I think, also.

However, as you say, if the panel gets reimaged the entire internal flash gets deleted.

Memory card or USB, but yes. You could hypothetically export to a network drive, I think, also.

However, as you say, if the panel gets reimaged the entire internal flash gets deleted.

Is it normal though? I mean how does this normally handled? Do all engineers leave the recipes out like that vulnerable? I mean i can create an export import button at least so when im editing at least i can save it in my pc or a flash or smthng you know?

Is it normal though? I mean how does this normally handled? Do all engineers leave the recipes out like that vulnerable? I mean i can create an export import button at least so when im editing at least i can save it in my pc or a flash or smthng you know?

I would say that reflashing the HMI is a major step, requiring downtime, etc. I wouldn't expect my PLC to hang on to any data after I do a FW update, same applies. Engineering side effects would be expected.

I would say it is fairly common to have a memory card in an HMI, at least a Comfort Panel. If you use the Siemens memory card in the automatic backup slot, it should auto backup the recipe data in addition to the program (although if you are flashing to a new OS image I don't know if the card will be able to redeploy the backup). If you use the data slot, then yeah, the data are all right there if you want them to be. Data slot doesn't need to be a Siemens memory card, if you're worried about cost.

To me, it isn't that the data in the panel is left vulnerable, its that you had the option to store them in non-volatile memory, and you chose not to.

Recipies an logs can be stored to an external USB drive or network location.

The last time I did this though, if the USB was removed or network disconnected, the hmi wouldn't reconnect unless it had a power cycle.

For me, if using a comfort panel, I just use a script to read an write a csv file to a location.

Recently I've had a lot of success in storing smaller recipes like you show, directly in the plc mmc as a csv file. There are standard FBs provided by siemens to do this. Along with quite good help files.

Recently I've had a lot of success in storing smaller recipes like you show, directly in the plc mmc as a csv file. There are standard FBs provided by siemens to do this. Along with quite good help files.

I see, i need to buy a memory card since i need to store the programm inside the memory card anyways, if anyone just does a factory reset its gonna get removed anyway