TiaPortal HMI Screen overlap bug

thewalkerist

Hello everyone,

I dont know if this is a common error or if im wrong but whenever i create a screen i am allways afraid of my life with this Software :D. Let me explain. I Have a screen and in that screen i have a Button(its "Zamanlayıcı Ayarları" sorry for the language). Now if i click this button it activates a screen called "ZAyarları". Good so far. So i am working with this screen for a while and after a while i create 2 screens that is accessible through three buttons inside our "ZAyarları". Now these 2 screens were allright. I am clicking the "Zamanlayıcı Ayarları" button and then i click those two buttons and i can navigate through those screens just fine.

But i had an idea, some of the contents of my "ZAyarları" Screen were beginning to pile up and i wanted to make "ZAyarları" a space with only buttons to access different screens. Kind of like a portal. But after i created the third screen and moved some of my stuff there everything looked ok, i click the "Zamanlayıcı Ayarları" and it teleports me to the third screen that i created instatnly and i cant even see my "ZAyarları" screen anymore. I thought that it was a bug or smhtng so i just deleted my third screen and now it teleports me instantly to the second screen.

I had a template and at the template there was a "go back" button but after the teleportation i cant even go back, but weirdly the functions inside that screen seems to work fine other than the template stuff.

OK so if anyone encounters this sort of a problem here is the fix or close to fix i should say. If you are using the activate option in the events like me then you will encounter this same problem, or not. Because i honestly dont know why this happens.

So the solution is to use release rather than activate. But if you still keep experiencing the same problem again after you changed your button events to release then try to mix it up, lets say you have a screen that has 3 subscreens inside of it. To access the main screen use a release then use an activate on the other 3 subscreens. If the 3 subscreens keeps overlapping each other then make one of them release. Honestly i dont know the formula to this. I dont even know if this is a bug or a feature that im not getting yet. I am writing this if anyone experiences the same problem.

And if my thinking or theory is wrong then please tell me because i would like to know how to keep this from happening ever again.

OK so if anyone encounters this sort of a problem here is the fix or close to fix i should say. If you are using the activate option in the events like me then you will encounter this same problem, or not. Because i honestly dont know why this happens.

So the solution is to use release rather than activate. But if you still keep experiencing the same problem again after you changed your button events to release then try to mix it up, lets say you have a screen that has 3 subscreens inside of it. To access the main screen use a release then use an activate on the other 3 subscreens. If the 3 subscreens keeps overlapping each other then make one of them release. Honestly i dont know the formula to this. I dont even know if this is a bug or a feature that im not getting yet. I am writing this if anyone experiences the same problem.

And if my thinking or theory is wrong then please tell me because i would like to know how to keep this from happening ever again.

I might not fully understand what you're doing, but:

My understanding is that "activate" is when the object gets focus. When the screen loads, the first object gets focus. If the navigation button is the first object, it gets activated as soon as the screen loads, then the commands execute.

Agree that best practice is to use Release, although Press is better than Activate.

Also, if your HMI is doing something weird, especially in regard to recent changes, make sure you do a Compile(Rebuild All) in the right click menu, not just the normal changes only compile. There's a blurb in the help file that says a compile rebuild all should be done before all downloads, to prevent glitches.

Also, if your HMI is doing something weird, especially in regard to recent changes, make sure you do a Compile(Rebuild All) in the right click menu, not just the normal changes only compile. There's a blurb in the help file that says a compile rebuild all should be done before all downloads, to prevent glitches.

I tried that so many times, maybe its because i am looking at it in a simulation, maybe if i use the screen it would work, but i dont know, i fixed it anyways, just weirded out by how there is no priority setting for screens. I mean i can do that with some tags manually but you know. Just kinda disappointed. TBH i dont know much about other plc brands and their screen managements so maybe none of them have it :D

I don't ever use Activate for buttons, press/click/release is the way to go. Activate I would say is wrong in this case as mentioned before