Micrologix 1100 high speed counter

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all

I have to set up a shaft encoder to a high speed input on a micro
logix 1100.I have used the high speed input card in control logix
and I have also used a high speed input on a Mitz Fx plc.
I am not sure how to wire the input or use the HSC function in micrologix.Its a 24dc Incremental 360 pluses per rev.

Thanks for any help given

Donnchadh K

The High Speed Counter (HSC) function of the MicroLogix 1100 is described in detail in Chapter 5 of its Instruction Set Reference, publication 1763-RM001.

The wiring of the inputs themselves is more specifically addressed in the Chapter 3 of the User Manual, publication 1763-UM001.

A good Quick Start introduction to the High Speed Counter function of the MicroLogix 1100/1200/1500 controllers can be found in RA Knowledgebase Answer ID #17447.