ScadaPack 350 and Sensaphone 2000

acrd

Looking at updating a small (1000 customer) water distribution system
The main site has a ScadaPack 357 and there are 4 remote locations using ScadaPack 334's.
They are running GE Proficy iFix on a PC at the main site.
The main site also has a Sensaphone 2000 for alert notification via phone, pager and email.
The problem is that due to the fact that the sensaphone reads data from the plc directly, the threshold settings for alarms must be set separately in the iFix software and sensaphone.
I don't quite understand how to resolve this as I don't think you want whatever device you use to send alert notifications to read the thresholds from the pc as you don't want that functionality dependent on the PC functioning and I don't believe there is the option to set the threshholds in the pls's themselves. May be wrong on that however.
Pretty new to this stuff and learning on the fly.
Any input would be appreciated.

George

Make the alarm thresholds variables that are set on the SCADA and passed down to the plc, so even without the pc running at least you will have the last values to operate as the thresholds

Thanks Geoff, that makes sense but I still require something to replace the sensaphone as it doesn't have enough inputs.
Also sensaphone has hard wired inputs, is there something you are aware of to replace it that is IP based so that it can read the variables from the plc for thresholds and read input addresses for levels etc. and react accordingly?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree and the ScadaPack should be replaced?

Thanks

George