FTView 8.0 HMI Tags (Memory)

hubb6666

Okay hopefully I can explain this correctly.

I created two HMI tags to monitor production on a machine. One is a device type and the other is memory type. The device type gets data from a PLC tag that shows current production. I would like to use the memory type tag to manipulate data to show the current shift pace production. My problem is how do I make an expression to change my memory type to show the expression results? I know I can do it in a macro but I need it to constantly update. I also can't create any PLC tags in the processor because of OEM restrictions.

Thanks

For example if my device tag equals say 200 and I wanted for some reason to put the value of my device tag into my memory tag:

memory tag = device tag

Shows as a valid expression but when tested I get a value of 0.

It depends on what exactly you are trying to do, but why not skip the local tag and just do the expression in what ever you are using to display it?

EDIT

Here's what it looks like in v7:
QBMD0dE.png

Last edited:
I'm monitoring a bay of 12 machines and it would be much easier if I can manipulate the raw PLC data and throw into some local variables so I can use throughout the application. What ways can you change a local variables value?