Omron using FINS

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I am trying to get an Omron CJ communicating with a RedLion G315C HMI, using FINS. There is some information here on the forum and I have tried all the suggestions and getting no where fast. I have been in contact with both Omron and RedLion Tech support. The Omron side of this is complete, according to their tech. Calling RedLion I was told I am on my own with this as he said normally just changing the "FINS Addresses" on the communications set up page and it should work. I have the system bit "IsDeviceOnline" displayed on the RedLion and it never goes to a "1" to indicated they are communicating. I also have and analog input variable from the Sysmac Studio set up on the RedLion as well, no response from either. I have changed all I can change and still nothing but "- - -". Thank you.

Screenshot from a Kadet I used with an Omron processor a couple years ago. Don't remember any gotchas, hopefully a setting here will help.

rl.JPG

Hello,

Is a serial connection or TCP/IP?

Also, as you see in the "thelinuxman" screenshot the "destination node" is normally the same as the last digit of the IP address, if you are using TCP/IP.

From the PeakHMI manual:

Node number

The node is normally the same as the last digit of the IP address. Some devices allow
zero (0) for automatic node assignment. The HMI uses the node value returned with the
connection handshake.

Last edited:
And also double check your port. On the Omron side the default is 9600. Check that it hasn't been changed.

help_d2.jpg

I now have the RedLion displaying "0.00". When I unplug the coms cable to the network switch the RedLion displays "- - -", I am assuming that the RedLion and Omron are talking or the screen wouldn't change, right?