S5 115U CPU943B ( how many analog can fit it )

teh

Supporting Member
Dear Folks,

I have a S5 115U CPU 943B in the plant running now,

with 3 A.I module 1 A.O module and several digital input and

output module and IM306 as well. The Center rack for all analog and

expansion rack for all DI and DO module.

The Arrangement of the Analog Module is just beside the CPU and CP

module .. 3 analog input ( 460-7LA12 ) following with the analog

output a analog output(470-7LC13). so i still have 2 spare empty

slot for future expansion. Can i used this 2 spare slot for analog

module? if can what is the address is should assignt?

Regards

jep!
check the rack for adressing.
If the cards are freely configuratable then adress them starting after the last ai -card or ao-card

Hi

One of the reasons for empty racks may be rack power supply limitation. You should check the specification sheet of cards and power supply and calculate that you have enough power for new cards.
If you haven't IM306 the analog address of the cards in the main rack started at 128 and the next analog cards became 128+32=160 and the next 192 and the 4th card got the address 192+32=224 and you can't place other analog cards on the rack because the nextc ard address exceed the limitation of 255. But when you have IM you can place the address of the cards with a distance of +16. So you should check the IM and user program.
My experience relate to other CPU models and may be not correct for your models.

Regards,
B.Najafabadipour