Mitsubishi Third Party Ethernet communication

Harsh.K

Hello Everyone,
I am using Mitsubishi L-series CPU.
I have a sensor that needs to be calibrated on Ethernet TCP/IP communication. Can you please help me out to know whether the L-series PLC has the compatibility of the same.
If yes how can we do the same and if no is there any alternate solution for the same.

Thank You..

Last edited:
What is the sensor, the PLC would have nothing to do with calibration of the sensor it would just use the value of the sensor in the logic of the PLC

Thank you..
But in my case i need to do handshaking with the instrument (sensor) and need to send and receive data from PLC to instrument and vice versa.

Thank you..
But in my case i need to do handshaking with the instrument (sensor) and need to send and receive data from PLC to instrument and vice versa.

"Handshaking" is not the same as "calibrated" so if you write more details of what you need and details on your products than someone maybe able to help

I have sensor called Moistech (Moistech IR-3000 series) which is used to sense the moisture. This sensor requires calibration. I want to do this calibration through L-seires PLC on Ethernet TCP/IP protocal. So for this i need to do handshaking (communication) for sending and receiving data. I want to know whther this is possible or not. If YES how can we do this handshaking (communication) and if NO is there any alternate solution for the same.

You dont need a PLC to communicate to it...

IR-3000 Communications
Communication to the sensor head(s) can be via laptop computer

Also states

Easiest Installation & Calibration

And this leads me to believe they have software to communicate and calibrate

the newly developed IR-3000 online moisture detector and software can be configured and calibrated for numerous components in virtually any application.

http://www.moisttech.com/ir3000-online-moisture-transmitter/

http://www.moisttech.com/contact-moisttech

Thank you for the information...
I know that they have a separate PC based software for calibration.
But my client wants to this on Ethernet TCP/IP through PLC. They dont want to connect laptop.
That is why i need to know whether the Mitsubishi L-series PLC has 3rd party communication facility or not.

They dont want to connect laptop.

Your client is not being reasonable.... you would need to develop something and it would cost thousands of dollars, tell them you must use what is available and can not create new tools, I have found sometimes its better to find new customers than to find a new way they want me to do something as they just dont understand 🍻

it does not make sense to believe that the PLC will be able to execute the calibration routine that executes the windows software shown in this manual :

https://www.summit.dk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/MoistTech-IR-3000-Online-Brochure.pdf

But ... the manual also says the sensor has Modbus interface, study the specifications of that interface, maybe there is a Coil or a Register that can be written to trigger the calibration routine.

Last edited: