Siemens TTL/RS422 Encoder wiring to TM_Posinput?

Jim.M

Hi,

Im a bit unsure about how to connect my SIEMENS encoder (5V TTL/RS422)
To my baseunit (The light one)..

I have attached a pic of how i have connected today.. But I dont think this is correct.. What bothers me is that there is no say in the manual where the 5V supply is.. so im confused?

Anyone who have experience? Im going to read out a position with this encoder..

//Jim

Pinout description.jpg

I have been in contact with Siemens and... the 5V encoder needs to be supplied separate with 5V... Choosing the 10-30V encoder is perferable... The above connection is correct they say.. except for the 24V power..

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I've had this issue for the last 2 days where I try to assign the profisafe address to an IO block (6ES7 146-6FF00-0AB0) but when...
Replies
Views
Hello, good morning, I have been having two problems with the Tia Portal software. The first is that I have installed it on my computer and...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, I'm just starting with using CodeSys. Immediately, I have noticed that Codesys doesn't use data blocks like for example S7 does...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm setting up a modbus master on an S7-300. It seems to work in OB1 but not when I use it in OB35. Does anyone have any ideas why? Could...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom