compact logix l18 and control logix l63 msg instruction

Rahul Kumbhar

Dear all,
i am using compact logix l18er and control logix l63 i want to use message instruction in between this to i am not getting proper path to define in communication tab please help me i am trying to put message instruction in compact logix. my control logix is in slot no 0 and en2tr in slot 1 can you guys help me with the path for communication tab

The path will be...

Insert the actual IP address of the remote Ethernet module where I have it in red. Take care to match the .'s and ,'s exactly.

Specifying the path is made much easier if you put the modules into the I/O configuration tree, then you can just choose the destination device from the tree.

EDIT : If you enter the modules, change the "Module Definition" of the remote EN2T to be "Rack Optimisation - None", that way you will not consume a "connection".

2018-02-27_094324.jpg 2018-02-27_094358.jpg

Last edited:
What firmware are you using?

It would probably be easier setting up produced and consumed tags. Dependent on what information you are trying to pass between the 2 CPU's