FactoryTalk View STudio ME Alarms Problem

Sc0ttC

Hi All

I am having a funny problem with alarms on my Panelview Plus 1000 (5.10.06) using Factorytalk View Studio ME (5.10).

I have setup some alarms using Alarm Setup and they work fine. I am viewing the alarms with a clone of the Alarm History template (although I have tried making my own as well but the problem persists). When an alarm is generated, I have the Alarm History page being displayed. If I acknowledge the alarm using either the Ack Alarm button or the Ack All button the display closes rather than staying open. The alarm is acknowledged.

If I have the display set to On Top, then it closes back to what ever screen I was on before. If the display is set to Replace, then it "crashes" out to a blank screen and the system is stuck until I restart it (cycle the power).

How can I get it so that I can acknowledge an alarm, but continue looking at the alarm page? It would be nice to be able to acknowledge more than one alarm without having to navigate back to the alarm page all the time.

If I set the alarms to open an alarm status page first, everything works fine. I can then navigate to the alarm history page and acknowledge alarms to my hearts content without the page closing. This is not a good solution though as the alarm status display does not read my alarm messages correctly (I am referencing a HMI tag), it just shows what was typed into the message textbox rather than the string within that referenced tag (this works fine in the alarm history display).

cheers
Scott

I assume you are talking about the [ALARM] page that defauts into project when you create it. That is an Alarm Banner. Go to it's property page and under Alarm Tab check Queue New Alarms. This will allow you to Ack. multiple alarms that are active. When all active alarms have been Acknowledged then the Alarm Banner will close. You will need a close screen button to close screen if alarm activates and is reset before Ack. is pressed. This will cause display to remain open and display blank screen. You may want an Alarm List instead of a Banner. Look under Objects, Advanced, Alarms and you'll find all 3 Alarm Displays available and all Alarm buttons.

Last edited:
This 'bug' happens if I use alarm, alarm_history or if I make my own using alarm_banner or alarm_list. If I call either of these to be active when an alarm event occurs, acknowledging just one or all of the active alarms closes the window.

cheers
Scott

There is a check box in the alarm setup editor, messages tab called "Display" that opens the alarm display automatically when that alarm activates. Clear that box and see if that works. Also in the Advanced tab, clear the Display -> Current alarms option.

Hi All,

I also have problem with alarms by using FTView ME 6.0. The problem is with no displaying any configurated alarms. I had tried every thing and I have no idea what could be wrong. I was chacked every alarm triger and made a indicator with the same expression. The indicator works correctly with alarm expression but alarm doesn't displayed. Has any one had the same problem? I can send my aplication if necessary.

Cheers

:)

I thing that you have found solution :D
This option was unmarked in my project :/

I'll try this tomorrow.
Thanks a lot at this time :)

Cheers

Problem with Factoy talk ME

Hy, i have a problem with Factoy talk ME.
I had insert the allarm History, ack alarm and ack all alarm.
I make filter trigger with my list of alarm.
When i have a alarm active and i press ack allarm the screen been grey and i can't see nothing of my panel.
What's wrong?

I too have a problem with ME...
I got all my alarms right..everything went well when I trigger them...
the problem is that the "alarm time" & "acknowledge time" appear as "al" & "a" when I actually test it on my 1000 compact ( on [HISTORY] ).... and the time does not show..... its perfectly fine when I run it on "test runtime"... I can't figure out what the problem ... please help me

Last edited:
Hi Michael90,

Have you already settle your problem with ME>
I also experiencing same problem for the PVP_6 1250 using FT View STUDIO ver.8
Please advise

Hi All

I am having a funny problem with alarms on my Panelview Plus 1000 (5.10.06) using Factorytalk View Studio ME (5.10).

I have setup some alarms using Alarm Setup and they work fine. I am viewing the alarms with a clone of the Alarm History template (although I have tried making my own as well but the problem persists). When an alarm is generated, I have the Alarm History page being displayed. If I acknowledge the alarm using either the Ack Alarm button or the Ack All button the display closes rather than staying open. The alarm is acknowledged.

If I have the display set to On Top, then it closes back to what ever screen I was on before. If the display is set to Replace, then it "crashes" out to a blank screen and the system is stuck until I restart it (cycle the power).

How can I get it so that I can acknowledge an alarm, but continue looking at the alarm page? It would be nice to be able to acknowledge more than one alarm without having to navigate back to the alarm page all the time.

If I set the alarms to open an alarm status page first, everything works fine. I can then navigate to the alarm history page and acknowledge alarms to my hearts content without the page closing. This is not a good solution though as the alarm status display does not read my alarm messages correctly (I am referencing a HMI tag), it just shows what was typed into the message textbox rather than the string within that referenced tag (this works fine in the alarm history display).

cheers
Scott

Scott - I have the exact same problem with FTVME v7 - did you ever find a solution? I'm beginning to understand why folks don't use the alarming in PV's...

BAJ,

Did you have a look at the other thread that MarkNightingale linked to in post #9?...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=82939

In post #3 of that thread, cipendjr posted the solution they had found on the Knowledgebase...

43632 - Acknowledge alarm crashes terminal or grey screen appears
Access Level: TechConnect

Since PanelView Plus firmware revision 4.0, an extra setting was add to the Terminal menu under Alarms...

Close Alarm Display When Newest Alarm Acknowledged

The default setting is Yes. With this setting an Ack or Ack All will close the Alarm object's display.

Even if in your case the terminal is not crashing when you Acknowledge an Alarm, but is closing the Alarm object's display, this setting still applies.

By setting this to No the alarm object's display will remain open after an Ack or Ack All.

I would also follow the good advice to always set Alarm object displays to On Top when you are using a Close Display button object.

Regards,
George

Last edited: