Siemens Simatic TI505

Plastic

Stick a fork in it?

Circa 1995 control system on a critical machine. Less than 100 Digital IO, less than 10 analog IO.

I believe we can remove the TI rack and jack in AB 1734 point IO in that same footprint.

With having a CompactLogix PLC pre-programmed, I think we could pull off a retrofit in a weekend.

Any other thoughts on this?

Plastic

Stick a fork in it?

Circa 1995 control system on a critical machine. Less than 100 Digital IO, less than 10 analog IO.

I believe we can remove the TI rack and jack in AB 1734 point IO in that same footprint.

With having a CompactLogix PLC pre-programmed, I think we could pull off a retrofit in a weekend.

Any other thoughts on this?

Plastic

I've done TI500 to AB and TI500 to TI505 quite a while back. Yes it can be done in a weekend.
BUT make sure you understand the 505 program and as JRW mentioned look for any special function routines.
THEN test the heck out of the AB. Lest you get bit by ASSuming how the TI works.
You might also leave an out for going back if things get really mucked up.

Any special function programs running in it ?

Why yes, there is a Delta TMC card in the Siemens rack. We will migrate that to a Delta RMC75-E. We are having great success with the RMC. The Delta is for Velocity and Pressure control of one of the machine axis. We will change to position transduce to SSI, and change the hydraulic actuator valve to a 2017 era valve.

Thank you for feedback about special TI functions, we think we understand the machine requirements more than we need to know how a TI505 functions, but our ears are open to all input, and valued experiences.

Plastic

The only thing that burnt me once was I had a few programs that relied on 'last output state' wins in the TI505s.
So I wouldn't copy the logic, I'd just rewrite it into a modern structure.