Problem with IFix 3.5 and dual HMI

Hans Sietsema

Hello,

I've got a problem with a system running IFix 3.5.
It's a ship with two Fanuc 90-30 PLC's and with 2 HMI (desktop computers)
Both computers failed and I got the data from one conputer back.
Now got both computers up and rnning again but I can't run them together.
Since the software Windows XP isn't supported anymore I made a Virtual machine that is running on Windows 10.
This works great and if one system is running the communication is OK.
As soon as I start the second computer the communication fails and ? are shown in the graphics.
I can see on the driver that with one computer there is no stack overflow and errors but with the second machine running these counters go up fast.

I can't find the place where I can indicate there are 2 HMI's or set anything so both computers can run together.

The network is setup correctly and the computernames are unique.

Has anyone got any experiance with this????

Regards,

Hans Sietsema

Hello,

I've got a problem with a system running IFix 3.5.
It's a ship with two Fanuc 90-30 PLC's and with 2 HMI (desktop computers)
Both computers failed and I got the data from one conputer back.
Now got both computers up and rnning again but I can't run them together.
Since the software Windows XP isn't supported anymore I made a Virtual machine that is running on Windows 10.
This works great and if one system is running the communication is OK.
As soon as I start the second computer the communication fails and ? are shown in the graphics.
I can see on the driver that with one computer there is no stack overflow and errors but with the second machine running these counters go up fast.

I can't find the place where I can indicate there are 2 HMI's or set anything so both computers can run together.

The network is setup correctly and the computernames are unique.

Has anyone got any experiance with this????

Regards,

Hans Sietsema

You say the computer names are unique, but I bet that the iFix node names aren't. Go into the SCU on each and make sure the node names are different.

Good day Dravik,

I'm not familiar with the software, I've been looking for all settings.
Could you point me in to the direction of where the setting is?

The software is now starting up as soon as the computer starts.
And most of the configuraion tools won'start ith the reply IFix isn't running.

So any kind of assistance would be appriciated.

Regards,

Hans Sietsema

Good morning,

I found the setting, I will try to change the setting today and hope this will solve my problem. I need to connect via teamviewer so it might be that it won't be able to connect.
But I do hope I can connect.

Regards,

Hans Sietsema

Hello all,

I've tried the sollution above but no luck. On one station I changed the node name.
There was no change in the overruns and on both HMI screens the questionmarks where back (with interfals).
Does anybody have an idea??

Regards

Hans Sietsema