OT - Loking for info on Kendall Electric MI/IN

mgvol

Any of you Michigan/Indiana guys know anything about Kendall Electric? We just found out yesterday that they purchased our company and I am looking on some feedback regarding them. Thanks

They own the company that I work for too.
Great Lakes Automation Suppy, I PMed you with my direct email address.
I too have been browsing your site and line cards.

Russ, is Kendall going to let GLAS remain a GE Fanuc distributor? Based on Kendall's website, it looks like they are heavily into AB. How does GE Fanuc feel about GLAS having a Kendall as a parent? How does AB feel about Kendall having a GE Fanuc stepchild? Do you feel a little like Luke Skywalker stuck between Darth Vader and Obi-wan Kenobe? You pick which company plays which role.

My wife hopes they keep us going.
We've worked like this for about 12 years, competing with our fellow emplyees.
It has been a good way for us to handle competing lines, our computer system keeps us segregated, as competitors so we can not see eachother pricing.
But, as you know this line of work is not the most stable line a person can pick.

It's certainly the trend in distribution sales these days for large holding compnies to gobble up smaller "mom & pop" distributors. The owners of my former employer couldn't accept the terms offered by a larger company, but eventually wound up going out of business (some years after I left). Ironically, the larger distributor has since been bought by an even larger company!

I wonder if and when the same trend may get started among independent integrators. Hmmm, maybe I should talk with a venture capital firm to back me in buying up every small integrator I can find. Anybody care to join me? We'll find a deep-pockets venture capitalist, spend the next few years gobbling up small engineering firms, give ourselves generous stock options and become instant billionaires at the IPO.

There is a group of lawyers who already own several of the once large integrators of West MI. Maybe you could join forces with them.

Steve Bailey said:
We'll find a deep-pockets venture capitalist, spend the next few years gobbling up small engineering firms, give ourselves generous stock options and become instant billionaires at the IPO.

Oh doesn't this seem so true! I am amazed at what I read in the papers. How the heck can I land one of these fake futures.

Joe_WaZoo

Steve Bailey said:
Hmmm, maybe I should talk with a venture capital firm to back me in buying up every small integrator I can find. .

Do you want mine ? As part of the deal you have to take all the headaches and P.I.T.A's