wincc flexible 2008 not open

eng_ali_abdo

i have abroblem with my wincc 2008 flexible when start it on a simatic manger it give me not able to connect to the sql server and make the program stopped i had try to install but the same problem

I had a couple of problems with Win CC, missing a template.tmp file someone zipped & sent me, then wouldn't open.

Ended up completely uninstalling Win CC AND Automation License Manager (with deleting all files & settings when prompted) & then doing a complete reinstall - tried repairing the install & modifying it but no change. After that it works OK, just remember to check your license after you close Win CC because on mine it sometimes still shows the lis'c as USED & I have to reopen Win CC, reopen a project, close the project & close Win CC - then the lis'c checks OK.

My issue wasn't a license problem either - it was first missing a template file which repair & modify never reinstalled & then it popped up an error showing SQL & then closed - I simply added the license check as a forewarning.