Red Lion

AxiomVerse

Good Evening Everyone,

I know this is not a Red Lion forum, but I am betting that there are some experts in the community. I recently bought a G310 Red Lion HMI and am trying to communicate with it using Crimson 3.0. Every time I attempt to Verify, Send, Update, or Extract I get a message that says, "Error, the file is incompatible with target device". I downloaded Crimson 2.0 thinking that maybe this device is not compatible with Crimson 3.0. I am able to communicate and make changes to the HMI now using 2.0. I would like use Crimson 3.0 on the HMI and not 2.0. How can I go about doing this?

So far, I have attempted to Extract the .cd2 file and import it into Crimson 3.0 and save the converted file and try to Send that to the HMI. I continue to get the same Error message about the file not being compatible. Can anyone offer some help on how I can use Crimson 3.0 to communicate and configure the HMI?

Thanks,

Axiom

“ERROR – The target device is not compatible with this file.”
• This indicates that the currently open Crimson file is not suited for the device. Click File-Save Conversion to convert to the correct
model.

Thanks Tarik,

I did come across this solution as well and tried it but it did not help. I do not have a lot experience with Red Lion HMIs but is it possible that the HMI is only compatible with 2.0? I purchased this HMI on eBay and it had a configuration on it when I bought it that was a .cd2 file. I was able to extract it using 2.0, but can’t do anything with it in 3.0.

Good Evening Everyone,

I know this is not a Red Lion forum, but I am betting that there are some experts in the community. I recently bought a G310 Red Lion HMI and am trying to communicate with it using Crimson 3.0. Every time I attempt to Verify, Send, Update, or Extract I get a message that says, "Error, the file is incompatible with target device". I downloaded Crimson 2.0 thinking that maybe this device is not compatible with Crimson 3.0. I am able to communicate and make changes to the HMI now using 2.0. I would like use Crimson 3.0 on the HMI and not 2.0. How can I go about doing this?

So far, I have attempted to Extract the .cd2 file and import it into Crimson 3.0 and save the converted file and try to Send that to the HMI. I continue to get the same Error message about the file not being compatible. Can anyone offer some help on how I can use Crimson 3.0 to communicate and configure the HMI?

Thanks,

Axiom

If you bought a new one, it is compatible with Crimson 3.0. The issue may be that you have tried to create a project that is for a G310 that is 640x480 but that display is 800x600 (or the other way around). Look on the back of the display and post the model number and I'll help.