Micrologix 1500 and PV 550

protoss_003

Hi, I have problems with the communication of a micrologix 1500 LRP and 2 PV 550. I use DF1 protocol and sometimes 1 of the 2 PV freeze and cannot be use again until restart.
This problem does not appear always on the same PV.

The 2 PV have exactly the same program loaded.

I suspect that there is some collisions because of the 2 ports DF1 use for this application.

Do you have others idea?

Yan

What precisely do you mean by "freeze" ? Do you mean that screen selection buttons don't work ? Or that PLC-controlled screen changes don't appear to work ? Or that there's no response from momentary pushbuttons ?

The first thing I'd do is increase the Inter-Scan Delay a little; it's 100 ms by default and I usually set it to 250 ms.

Is there an error code displayed on either of the PanelView screens ?

Thank's for your reply.
By Freeze I mean that everything desapear and even if I touch the screen nothing happen...

But I like your idea for the scan time.
I hope that will solve my problem...

Yan

Everything disappears ?

Um, is it possible that the power is getting turned off ? Or maybe the screen saver is going into effect and turning off the backlight ?

Do you have to cycle power to the PanelView terminals to get them functioning again ?

Check your PanelBuilder application to be sure there's no blank screen with no objects on it that you might accidentally be navigating to.

For the screen saver, it's disable. and when the pv freeze, the backlight is still on.

And yes I have to put the power off and on to restart it.

Pretty weird I know!

when this happens what does the frozen screen do when the communication is disconnected? or does the comm light go out when it freezes? The light is seen from the back, also what about the fault light?

Something to try if possible is disconnect one of them and see if it persists.

Drewcrew6

Is it possible that both PV550's have the same program and the node address is the same on both. If the addressing is the same I am sure there will be some conflict causing one or the other to freeze.

Are you using Windows 2000? Cause if you are...I've had the same problem with DH-485 with an AIC+ plugged into my DF1 protocol COM1 shutting down the communication on a PV and Micro 1500 network with my Windows 2000 laptop.

I have another junk laptop with Windows 98 and it doesn't crash the comms. I don't have a fix for it yet.

I submitted a ticket with AB, but as far as I know they told me to get a life and get with the year 2003 cause DH-485 is obsolete... I just grinned :p Actually, I think for lack of a better explaination they recommend I buy a PCMCIA comm card for my Windows 2000 laptop. I told them when I had an extra $1500 just laying around, I would buy one.

Chakorules' problem would be a concern with a Win2K computer connected to a DH485 network, but protoss said he's running DF1 into each channel of the 1764-LRP (which has two DF1 ports).

I think there's either a blank screen in the PanelView that he's accidentally navigating to, or that the Screen Number command is conflicting between the two terminals writing to the exact same registers in the controller.