Factory talk SE

RAYBRITO

I'm Trying to control what screen is displayed in Factory Talk SE with the plc (5000), means if display screen is the "Main Screen" a want to change it to "Trending Screen" from the Rslogix 5000, we used to do it with Machine Edition, but I can not find it on SE.

Thanks

Last edited:
Widelto, Can you point me in the rigth direction on how to do it, may be some VB scrip sample, since the PLC side I have no issues doing it, but VB scrip no idea where to start

thank you.
Gracias

see attached file

NumericDisplay1.Value comes from a tag in the plc, in our case we run a free timer , when timer finishes we increment a counter and that number (accumulator) is used by NumericDisplay1.Value to change display.
Finally what we have is a display been shown for a time (timer time) and when counter increment a new display is shown.

I'm having the same issue.
Trying to program vba code in se

Display Animation Start

If HMI_Screen = 0 Then
ExecuteCommand "Display Screen1"
End If

If HMI_Screen =1 Then
ExecuteCommand "Display main"
End If

HMI_Screen is a dint from the plc, it does not seem to be updating or declared properly. this code is in both display sections for both screens.
What am I missing? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately there is no "Remote Graphic" connection in SE like there is in ME.

You will see in the routine from widelto that he doesn't start with "Display Animation Start." You should not need that unless you are wanting it to run only when "Display Animation Start" is triggered, just like anything you program under "Display Load" will only run when the display is loaded.

What I would do is build a blank SE graphic "programs" and put your variation of widelto's code in it. Make sure in the display properties (right click background) that you check "cache display". This way the graphic stays loaded and should execute your code.

I have not tested the method of caching the graphic to make the code run, but I have successfully tested just making the "programs" graphic open at some x and y that is off the screen and will not be overlapped by your actual graphics. That way the programs graphic is always open.

As clarification I would like to control what hmi screen is displayed with a dint from the plc.
A few things I'm not understanding.
1. Is this on the bit level or overall value of the dint?
2. What calls Private Sub NumericDisplay1_Change() to run?
3. where does NumericDisplay1.value get its value from? Directly from that tag in the plc?

I added a new display. In display settings I set cache after displaying to yes and always updating.

I then added this vba code.

Private Sub NumericDisplay1_Change()
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

If Not IsError(NumericDisplay1.Value = 1) Then
If NumericDisplay1.Value = 1 Then
ExecuteCommand "Display Screen1"
End If
End If
If Not IsError(NumericDisplay1.Value = 2) Then
If NumericDisplay1.Value = 2 Then
ExecuteCommand "Display Screen2"
End If
End If
If Not IsError(NumericDisplay1.Value = 3) Then
If NumericDisplay1.Value = 3 Then
ExecuteCommand "Display Screen3"
End If
End If
If Not IsError(NumericDisplay1.Value = 4) Then
If NumericDisplay1.Value = 4 Then
ExecuteCommand "Display Screen4"
End If
End If
Exit Sub
ErrorHandler:
LogDiagnosticsMessage Err.Description, ftDiagSeverityError
End Sub

I am still having issues trying to control se screen selections with a plc. If anyone would be willing to write sample code to send me or a program that does this please message me.

Here you are , what i promised View SE

See Attached file
You will find all VB script, plc code, push button properties, etc.
Please ask me if there is something you do not understand.

Hi Widelto:
Following your code, I start at the plc with Contador_evento.acc. this then goes to a tag substitution from Contador_evento.acc to Contador_evento.acc. where I get lost is how Contador_evento.acc moves to vba code as NumericDisplay1