Red Lion HMI Crimson 2.0 String Problem

JuanPLC74

I have a Red Lion G310 that im programming with Crimson 2.0
I have a internal string Tag that needs to be retentive.

I have a string text with data entry with this variable as tag.
When I click on it and the keyboard pops up, I enter a value, say "Hello".
The string immediately goes crazy, and start showing labels from my screen.

I have some labels that say for example part number, save, load, etc..
and this string starts sort of iterating among them.. at some point the HMI stops and gives me some Guru Meditation code, but it is always different.

Could the HMI have problems? or what could it be?
regards/

I would first try updating the firmware in your unit. You can do that by installing the newest version of Crimson 2 (build 578). See if the problem goes away. If not you should call Red Lion support.

I have never seen a problem like the one you're describing. I suppose it's possible that if your program has some complicated buggy scripting associated with the data entry, it could cause the unit to go crazy and crash. But that seems unlikely.

I would first try updating the firmware in your unit. You can do that by installing the newest version of Crimson 2 (build 578). See if the problem goes away. If not you should call Red Lion support.

I have never seen a problem like the one you're describing. I suppose it's possible that if your program has some complicated buggy scripting associated with the data entry, it could cause the unit to go crazy and crash. But that seems unlikely.

Do you know where I can get the firmware? .. i am not experienced with red lion, this is sort of a one ff project.

After you update the Crimson software on your PC, they next time you try to download a project it will automatically update the firmware.

I would highly recommend upgrading to Crimson 3 if your unit supports it (older G310's don't).
http://www.redlion.net/crimson-30