Mitsubishi PLC FX -communication in VB

spruhaelec

I want to access Mitsubishi PLC FX and log parameters in PC using VB6 or VB.NET. I have used Modbus and was successfoul as the full protocol details are available. In case of Mitsubishi the protocol is MELSEC.. But detailed description is not avialable as to what should be Querry and Response..

I can use Communication control in VB if i know the structure of Querry and Response strings.. Can somebody help me..

use mxcomponents. add them to your toolbox, drag the type of plc you are using onto the page and now all functions are available to you. eg :

dim D0_Data as integer
fxcpu1.open
fxcpu1.getdevicedata("D0",1,D0_Data)

as simple as that. All you need is mxcomponents.

Mitsubishi PLC FX - Communication in VB.net

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to turn on inputs on a Mitsubishi FXos PLC through Visual Basic.net. So far I have been attempting to do this via a serial port in Visual Basic. I am not having much luck in creating a program that will turn on an input on the PLC.

Can someone help me with what the function is to turn on this PLC's input.

Thanks

You cannot turn on an input as such as this is physical input I/O if you are trying to do it as a simulation then substitute the inputs with internal bits going back to the question of sending & fetching data you need to know the protocol used mitsi are not letting out this info freely, however if you use the 232 interface cards it's easy. or you will need something like MXcomponent or an opc server, however searching on-line you may be able to find some details of the protocol or even some documented source.

Inputs turn on if not physically there

If you want to get the manual search for mymitsubishi in google and goto the download section. Getnthe communications manual and read through the protocol that mitsubishi uses. You can turn inputs on and off provided they are physically not attached. Eg if PLC has x0-x7 then x10 onwards can be switched on/off via set and reset bit. I have externally controlled plc bits via monitoring the strings being sent to plc and copying these without having to study the manual. mxcomponents works real well. I'd use that rather than opc unless you want to make changes externally to tags after program is compiled.I use Clientace from kepware to link opc in vb. Also mxcomponents depending on what i want to do.

if you want to get codes for lic then check ISSET.dll under temp folder during installation. Open this file in notepad , all codes are there. Not a crack but merely a mistake from the guys at mitsubishi. Maybe theyll fix it in the future.