Tesys T Communication in RSLogix 5000

Chethasi

I have a Tesys T LTM R module that has a Ethernet/IP connection, when I try to connect it to the control logix PLC as a generic ethernet module, RSLogix comes up with IO not responding (I guess it means that it isn't the correct module to use with a Tesys T).

Has anyone had any experience with connecting a Tesys T device to RSLogix? I've only found info on connecting it through DeviceNet...

I have done it, and I did get it to work.
Sorry can't remember exactly what I had to do, it was a while ago.
I did use a generic connection and I had to play around with the lengths

Schneider may be able to help I did share what I had to do with them at the time

I thought TesysT only supported ModbusTCP (on Ethernet). Not sure how it could be configured to use EtherNet/IP through a Rockwell device unless you added a ProSoft card or used a Gateway.

Can you provide more detail on what part is used and a reference to this capability? I have never seen this capability advertised in the user docs - is it new?

It was an EthernetIP TeSysT we used, sorry I can't remember part number. There was no adapter or gateway, the units were brought as EthernetIP devices

Last edited:
Did you solve the problem?. I have the same problem right now in the same scenario. I can make ping to the tesys-t but i get an error on Studio 5000: Service request error: Invalid mode or state for service request.

Hi Carlidm7:
It´s a real pleasure to see somebody from my hometown Barranquilla.
Welcome to the forum, I downloaded files from schneider and a solution to your case seems to be straight forward.
Buena esa.

Hi Widelto! Wow is awesome to find people from here in the forum. Thank you for your reply, i can´t solve this problem, could you tell me about this solution that you found?
Saludos colega!

From Schneider technical FAQ:
The Tesys T Ethernet device can communicate if the Rockwell unit is communicating via Modbus TCP over Ethernet or EtherNet IP, if the device communicates using devicenet, a devicenet Tesys T will need to be used.

The following quick start guides can be used to set up the Ethernet or Devicenet TeSys Ts:
https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/download/document/DOCA0119EN/

https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/download/document/1639575_02A55/

Thanks tarik1978! I´m working over ethernet/IP. I already read this note and it was helpful, but i can´t get the data from the tesys-t despite i can get ping response. A yellow warning icon appear in the generic module on RSLogix 5000, telling that a service request error is present. Any comment could help me... Thanks.