s7 scaling

darren.s

im following some info i took from a previous thread on scaling analogue inputs.
ive opened a new project inserted ob1 and fc 1.
in fc1 ive called fc105 from standard library for scaling.
i can then input variables to fc105.
but then i want to call fc105 again but use different variables.
but i get a pop up screen "fc105 already exists do you want to overwrite"
can someone explain this pop up screen.

one more question also when looking in an exsisting program fc 105 has been used but when i look in it it looks like a normal function by that i mean no data refering to scaling. therefore is it posible to have fc105 in standard library used for scaling and an fc105 as normal function.
hope this makes some sort of sense if not its 3 in the morning im on a night shift so ive got an excuse.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
There are 2 FC105 in standard lib. "Read Analog Value 464-2" and "Scale". So maybe you try to insert the other one while having one already inserted.
However answering "no" to the pop-up you will have a chance to change fc number to different one which should be fine with you.

There are 2 FC105 in standard lib. "Read Analog Value 464-2" and "Scale". So maybe you try to insert the other one while having one of them already inserted.
However answering "no" to the pop-up you will have a chance to change the fc number to different one which should be fine with you.

You get the pop up screeen if you drag and drop FC105 from the standard library into your block and FC105 is already in your project.

If you already have a block called FC105 doing some other function, you can rename FC105 to some other number (probably confusing) or rename your exisiting FC105 (and update all the calls to this block).

but then i want to call fc105 again but use different variables.
but i get a pop up screen "fc105 already exists do you want to overwrite"

Once you've copied FC105 from the standard library to your project, you can call it as often as you want from your program (OB1, FC1 or wherever). It sounds from your description as though you are trying to copy FC105 from the standard library to your project a second time, for your second call. This is not necessary, but it will cause the message you describe.

one more question also when looking in an exsisting program fc 105 has been used but when i look in it it looks like a normal function by that i mean no data refering to scaling. therefore is it posible to have fc105 in standard library used for scaling and an fc105 as normal function.

Yes, it is possible to have a normal function called FC105. In this case you must rename one of the blocks to something else. If your program already has an FC105. which may be accessed from several other blocks, then it is probably easiest to rename the FC105 SCALE function to something else. This possibility is offered when you try to copy the block into your project if FC105 already exists.