powerflex drives with or without filter

irondesk40

question.
powerflex 525 drives can be ordered with or without a filter.
I have always ordered and used the drives without the filter.
Which is really the best practice?
Thanks

The filters are mostly for compliance with the tighter EU standards for EMI/RFI emissions (as opposed to the less stringent FCC regulations we have to adhere to in the US). If you are an OEM building a machine that will end up over there, you need to order them with filters. If not, no need, unless you think you have particularly sensitive / unshielded electronic equipment in your panel.

Similar Topics

I have recently started at a new plant, and we use a lot of power flex 40 drives for conveyors. on my fiorst day they sent me to start a line...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , We have a number of Powerflex 525 Drives . I took notice for years elsewhere and our plant , that our Powerflex 525 drive...
Replies
Views
Greetings everyone, I know there is a way to programmatically set the date/time on a 750 series VFD (look up Rockwell automation sample code)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had three drives fail upon power up. The two had F081 fault code. The maintenance personnel attempted to copy VFD parameters using a...
Replies
Views
I have a DeltaV system that I am using to control some powerflex 755 drives over Ethernet/IP. I don't have any experience with DeltaV or any way...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom