S7-400 / Intouch v10.0 / DDE Application

gropolack

Hello,
I have an application Intouch connected to a S7-400, through Dassidirect 1.5, and everything works :)
Besides that, I have a third party application that communicates through DDE with Intouch, and which sends twenty parameters.

These parameters are configured in the application intouch with min and max.

The problem is that sometimes, some parameters are not properly written to the PLC. This problem occurs if the value sent by the DDE application is equal to the minimum value set in Intouch, AND if the value in the controller is less than the minimum ...

So for example if:
1) I have a parameter, set to 10 in Intouch minimum value,
2) A value of 0 in the PLC
3) my DDE application sends 10, I get:
- 0 in the PLC
- 10 displayed in the supervision ...

which is quite annoying ...

So, I have 2 questions:

- Does anyone have already encountered this problem?
- How to configure it to Intouch properly read tags on my machine? (If I have 0 in the PLC, Intouch always displays the minimum values, 10 by exemple ​​... But I want the true value!)

Any ideas ?

In fact, you can enter this parameter directly in the supervision, and we do not want the user to enter a value below this minimum value, so 10 ... So I have to leave the minimum value of the parameter in place ...

means you want to show some warning message or if user enter incorrect value then the value should not be accepted ?

I may not understand your problem correctly, but;

If you have a value (parameter) Intouch (write)s to the plc as a constant (a value a user
enters at the screen) ---> that value cannot also be a displayed variable.

You would need a second Intouch tagname display which Intouch (read)s from the
plc to display as the actual value of the variable. (a 2nd plc word address tied to an new Intouch tagname)

So for example if:
1) I have a parameter, set to 10 in Intouch minimum value,
...if this value is entered by a user (constant), how can Intouch read the
value from your third party app. as a displayed value unless it has another
place to display the actual value (variable)?

...plc programming would be required to (write) this value (a constant
entered by a user)(1st plc address) in the plc,
and make the actual value (sent by your DDE app.) available to Intouch (read)
as the displayed variable, (2nd plc address)

...this parameter is not written to the plc, or you would not have a value of
zero in the plc, you would have 10.

2) A value of 0 in the PLC

3) my DDE application sends 10, I get:

- 0 in the PLC
...again, your DDE app. is sending 10 to Intouch, but not to the plc.

- 10 displayed in the supervision ...
...you will always get 10, if this value is a constant entered by a user,
with a tag configured min. of 10.

if the user enters a wrong value, it should not be accepted! This is an application that runs in the pharmacy, they laugh not on it :)

And I would especially like to understand what is wrong with the DDE application, I think it's too weird ...