Some Dont shows in OPC Test Client

bornwild

Hello all,
I have a compact Logix CPU communication with Rslinx. Scada is Wincc is pulling tags from RSLINX OPC server. It is a working machine and now I am trying to add a few tags on the WinCC. I have added Real data types in the PLC and I can the the data in the OPC test client software. For some reason Bool tag doesn't appear in the OPC test client so I added a real type tag but for some reason, they don't show up in the OPC test client. Is there something I need to do for the tags to show up. All I am trying to is put these data on my WinCC HMI. Any help would be appreciated

I got the see the value in the OPC test client. How do you which data type to use . It is a bool in the PLC. When I select VT_bool in the opc I see 'off' not 0 but when I select VT_R4 I see 0. If am trying to read this tag from OPC to Wincc and do some scripting based on this tag. However I don't know which data type I should use. Technically it is Bool but for some reason rslinx OPC treats as different type. Can some one help

opc.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Bornwild: Not sure if I understand your question. The OPC Client is reporting the items as VT_bool data type. I ahve not used Wincc but you should be able to treat VT_bool values of ON and OFF just like 1 and 0, respectively.
I may not be fully understanding your question.

finally got it to work. My bad, in the PLC address in the Wincc I missed the connection name and wrote only the tag name. Silly mistake