Ignition: Configuring clamp using member within UDT

I'm using Ignition 8.0.9 and am having the following issue:

I’m using a UDT with the following members:
Setpoint
SP_HiLimit
SP_LoLimit

Within the UDT, I’d like to set the “EngHigh” property equal to the tag SP_HiLimit and I’d like to set the “EngLow” property equal to the tag SP_LoLimit.value
I’ve tried to do this within the UDT by doing the following:
In the configuration for the member “Setpoint” , I’ve bound “EngHigh” to {SP_HiLimit} and “EngLow” to {SP_LoLimit}. I’ve also tried {SP_HiLimit.value} and {SP_LoLimit.value}. Neither of which worked.
I’ve verified the value for the high limit tag is 450, but when I enter any setpoint over 100, I’m getting an out of range alarm. It doesn’t appear to be recognizing the {tag} as a numeric value.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Can you change your limits on EngHigh under the Numeric Properties when you edit the tag?
I just open a tag and my default Engineering High Limit is set at 100.

Maybe this helps if I understand what you're asking.

Look at the traffic this site gets compared to IA (who knows, because I don't think they even show who's online?)

Then look at what SCADA does. Or watch one IA video.

It's primary purpose is to get information exchanged with PLCs.

So, seeing as this is a PLC forum, with high traffic and users online, there's a good chance you might get an answer here.

Also, IA did a big sales push in the last few years, so they have a lot of new users.

I googled "Ignition SCADA issue" and this site appears on page 2 of results. On the first page, some of their Integrators are there (a UK based one that I know of, CimLogic).

The most read thread on here at one stage was advancedHMI, they have their own forum, should every aHMI topic have "OT" at the start?

Last edited:
Ignition's tech support is usually very helpful, but I think the quarantine has affected their response time. I reached out to them for help, and I also posted on the IA forum, but I haven't received any feedback yet.

The Eng_High and Eng_Low values can not be bound directly in the properties tab.
These values will have to be updated through scripting.
Try adding a numeric label for the setpoint tags, and add a propertyChange script that assigns the new value to the Eng_High & Eng_Low value upon change.