Time at Peak Pressure

Outlaw10801

I have an application where I need to know the peak pressure of a machine and time at peak pressure. I am wondering does anyone know of an accurate way to find the time a value is at its peak in logix 5000?

Hi. I know I used a system time stamp routine that one of the folks here on the forum sent me. It uses a string to show date and time and one can move it into the HMI or wherever you want in logic. I used it for an indicator when a process ran it's cycle and also when the cycle counts were reset.
Just taking a WAG, one could use a compare instruction to go true when the pressure equals or exceeds what you need it to be, which would then trigger a time stamp. Just a thought really early in the morning and I hope I've helped you.

Last edited:
@Outlaw10801
I would use a periodic task, with high priority. Task period depends on how fast you want to capture new values, every time a higher value is capture then you write that value to a fifo together with date and time.
Do not know how your fifo size would be.

you can use GSV instruction with Wallclock attribute to get the time from the plc and move the value when your high pressure is triggered

Using a ms timer
Move time and pressure to "store" registers when timer times out.
Next rung compare if current pressure is greater than stored pressure.
If it is then move time and pressure to stored registers and continue comparisons.