DREAM REPORT Software

edshmulevich

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has used DREAM REPORT Software from Ocean Data Systems. I was hoping to get some opinions and feedback on the software.
Thank you in advance.

I've extensively used Dream Report for a number of years.

I've come to the conclusion it's simply not a reliable data collection solution and it never will be. The biggest problem is that it will randomly stop logging data with no explanation. If you restart the Runtime, it will start logging again even if nothing else changes. The UI is screwy-looking and the report design environment is buggy. It's a nice idea having reporting and data logging with one software package, but the execution is poorly done.

I've used it through several versions and almost every time I emailed for tech support, the answer was always "we'll have that fixed in the next version." Several versions later, some bugs were fixed but new ones were introduced.

I've since moved companies but still keep tabs with my old boss. He recently told me it still doesn't work well. Now, whenever someone asks, I steer them clear of it. It's cheaper than other solutions, but if it doesn't work it's still a waste of money.