How to move a word to physical outputs in S7?

dmoore26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to take a value from a counter and output it in binary form to the physical outputs of the PLC. Any help would be appreciated.

If you are using the CTU counter for datatype Int, you can type %QW0 at the output CV of the counter function, and you'll get the counter value at the bits of %QW0.

If CV = 1 then Q0.0 is set, if CV = 2 then Q0.1, CV = 3 Q0.0 and Q0.1 and so on.

I was wrong, the bytes of the output are still swapped in the S7-1200 ( thought they have changed the endianess compared to the S7-300).

If your counter is of type integer, and you write the CV to QW0, then Q1.0 is set when CV = 1, Q1.1 when CV = 2 and so on.

If you need to set Q0.0 when CV = 1, then you have to swap the bytes of the CV value.