Dream Report

nmurray

Has anyone else used this software?
Its supposed to be so easy, but nothing I do ends up working.
Am I just doing it wrong or is the software as non user friendly as possible while still looking so simple?

What are you having trouble with, exactly? The distributor you purchased the software from should be a big help. ODS (the makers of the software) are based in (I believe) Israel but are more than willing to help their sales partners with detailed technical stuff or if bugs are suspected over the phone.

Oh its just everything, I've had them remote in twice to look at stuff for previous issues. we arn't officially using the product yet, but free with indusoft so my company wants to use it.... just every time I try to make some reports I can get one that works (simple static reports of latest values) but when I try to do stuff where they can select time periods and such I start to get issues with it not working.

ugh... so after getting PO'd I closed to project for probably 30 minutes, then I just opened it again and it worked just fine.....

I've been using it and it is very buggy. Instead of just re-loading the report you modified I have found it's better to re-load the whole project. The software is not as user friendly as the commercials by a long shot. Test your thought process in Historian Query and then do the same in Dream Report but it's not that easy.

Very frustrating piece of software. Should change the name to Nightmare Report......LOL