Allen Bradley SLC 5/05 VPN

CrabMan

Hi,
We have to connect to a remote site through VPN(pptp), we have set up a VPN server on windows xp by allowing incoming connections and opening ports 2222,44818,1723. the network topology is: SLC 5/05 and parker PS10 powerstation and VPN server are connected to a DLINK ethernet switch, and the switch is connected to an ADSL modem. the PC(vpn server) can see the slc 5/05 processor in the rslinx and can program and monitor both offline and online, however when i try to connect from somwhere else, i successfully connect to the vpn server and then i can ping the plc and all other IP's on the network of remote site using local IP's (192.168.*.*) but i cant program the plc remotely.

P.S.
1) when we open rslinx on the site (from vpn server), we see a PLC connected in the RSwho window and the description says SLC5/05 processor but when we remotely connect the description in RSWho says RSLinx API server/ not a slc 5/05 controller and the picture is not that of a plc it is something like a PC connected to plc
2)VPN server has been assigned a static IP given by ISP and a local IP 192.168.*.* to enable routing + it has only 1 network interface card
3) the plc's gateway address is 0.0.0.0 and when i try to give it the ip of vpn server it stops communicating with it too.

Kindly advice on this issue, any input will be appreciated.

Regards,