GX Works 2 - From simple to Structured project

swedeleaner

Is there any quick way to convert simple to structured

Had to upload a program from a very sad FX0, and uploads can only be done in simple mode as far as I know.

Would be nice to convert it to Structured if the need for actually reading the program occurs. (y)

Any ideas?

It’s possible to read it in simple mode, but since im doing the work, sorting it into POU:s and comment it properly would be a good second step.

Have one idea that I will try tomorrow:

* Export IL-code
* Paste IL-code in GX IEC Dev, save project.
* Run GX IEC IL to Ladder conversion-tool.
* Save Ladder project and open in GX2.

Have one idea that I will try tomorrow:

* Export IL-code
* Paste IL-code in GX IEC Dev, save project.
* Run GX IEC IL to Ladder conversion-tool.
* Save Ladder project and open in GX2.

And how did this go? Please share your experience.

I did this on a Q PLC, it was a bit awkward as I opened other project then saved it, opened it up again but at first it would only allow me to create a POU in ladder or CSF, but I tried again and then it let me create a program block in FBD, I tried on an FX and it will not let you do it only options are Ladder/CSF.
On the Q series it imported the ladder into a block called main. I could create more blocks including FB's it works on Q but not on FX.
I actually re-wrote the program bit by bit in FBD splitting it up into separate program blocks and deleting the code in the ladder. On conversion there are two symbols sets one for the older ladder & one for the variables in the FBD. again a little tricky to get the symbols displayed in the ladder.
Interesting point I created a new project for an FX0 as a structured one and fine however, it would not let you create a new program block in ladder only FBD/LAD. But on a Q series it does let you. See pics, the FX only allows FBD/LAD but the Q allows Ladder on it's own.

FX0.png Q03.png