Signal Isolator / Splitter

jweav2223

I'm needing to get a Signal Isolator / Splitter but needing quickly so my normal 1 Channel Input and 2 Channel Output version I would use is not available.

What I'm needing to do: Take a single 4-20mA signal from a pressure transmitter (2-wire) and provide the signal to both my PLC as well as a secondary device provided by customer (assuming a 2nd PLC).

What I'm wanting to know: Would I be able to take a 2 Channel Input and 2 Channel Output version that is available immediately and make this work? How would I loop the signal on the Input side to make it work if possible?

What do you typically use?

I've used these successfully on many projects:
Phoenix 2814867 Isolator-Splitter (MCR-FL-C-UI-2UI-DCI series)

The model I was looking at because of it being available immediately is the following:

ASI451129

It's a basic 2 Channel Input and 2 Channel Output Isolator.

Attached is the circuit diagram

I typically use the Phoenix Contact brand on a lot of stuff and used their Isolators in the past. It is just hard to get them immediately through our distributor.

CircuitDiagram.png

What I'm wanting to know: Would I be able to take a 2 Channel Input and 2 Channel Output version that is available immediately and make this work? How would I loop the signal on the Input side to make it work if possible?

Just wire it in series on the input side.

Make sure the transmitter can drive through the load of both inputs.

The Phoenix Contact:
MINI MCR-SL-UI-2I-NC - 2864176

Will do exactly what you asked for. Like Mickey said, you may be able to just wire everything together in series but you have to check that the load of the loop is within the specifications of the driving device.

no splitter needed if inputchannels have a separate negative (return)then you can put them in series.
On some units there are resistors of 250 ohms and the voltage is used, this can be used in parallel.