omron h3ca-a timers

ready961

Anyone have experience with these. Im them blowing.
I have 2 hook up in parrell. Both start inputs are always set and we start the timers by tripping the reset input using a switch. Both output go to the same solinod to activate an air cyclinder.

This set up work great for months, until the reset input swith broke. we replaced it and pluged the unit in. Both timers went up in smoke! Both timers were replaced and it work great for months. Now the same deal just happened agian and will not stop smoking timers! These thing are pretty expencive too.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you switching the load with the timer?

Is the coil voltage correct?

Sounds to me like you have a voltage problem or to much current going through the the timer contacts.

You might want to switch a relay with your timer, make sure the contacts on the relay are rated to handle the load.

I was. but I installed a relay for each timer but the same thing happened. the line volt is 110 ac and that is what the timers is rated for.

wild guest department

double-check the neutral wire on the system - if this "floats" due to a poor or loose connection, the system voltage may run much higher than 120 volts - the actual voltage may vary due to other loads on the power system - think: "backdoor current" through circuits on the other "hot" leg - be sure you check it under all conditions by even turning on other devices which are not on the same circuit -

true trivia: a revolution in South America (circa 1960) shut down all of the copper mines - copper prices went through the roof - winos went around clipping copper wires off of all the power poles to sell it for scrap to buy cheap wine - the neutral lines "floated" and all of the vacuum tubes in the TV sets burned out - people couldn't watch Wagon Train on Wednesday nights - I well remember TV sets stacked to the ceiling in my father's repair shop - and irate customers complaining because the tubes were on backorder - the tube factories couldn't keep up with the demand -

question: can a political revolution in South America blow up the TV sets in North America? answer: yes.