FTView SE Studio question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. Been a while since I have had to load FTView SE and, for some reason, I am unable to find the "chat" button on the rockwell site. Hopefully they don't charge for activation support now. Their new (to me) web layout seems cumbersome to navigate and support page doesn't include a chat button for me.

Anyway, I purchased FTView SE v.20 yesterday, downloaded the software, activated it but I don't see Studio as an option. Cat#9701-VWSTENE. I remember before, under my program tree it would be under Rockwell Software>Factory Talk View>Factory Talk View Studio. That was about 6 years ago. My new install doesn't have that, it just shows FTView SE client. Is there something more that I need to extract maybe? Thank you

Something to consider, perhaps what you purchased and what you wanted are not the same? I have only used FT SE distributed lately, and I thought 12 was the latest version. So SE standalone, may be at 20.

Okay, so I purchased the software, I have the project uploaded and all is well EXCEPT, I go to FTAM and it shows my software as registered however, each time I open it, it tells me that I am operating under a grace period. I have rebooted several times. What's that all about, please? Thanks

Do you have an internet connection when you get that warning? That is common for me if I’m working with no internet connection. I just ignore it.

Do you have an internet connection when you get that warning? That is common for me if I’m working with no internet connection. I just ignore it.

I have internet connection. When you get the grace period warning, does that prevent you from creating the runtime file?

An internet connection would be necessary to get the license. After that it is not needed. If you are in Grace Mode it probably does prevent creating a runtime, although you might still be able to use "Test Application" for development purposes.

I'd reach out to Tech Support. Activation help doesn't require a contract and this is probably an easy fix.

OG