Help : Simens OPC server SIMATIC NET V15

Do you have more than one network card in your PC station?
Then check the settings from the program "Siemens Communication Settings", which you can find in the Windows startmenu in Simatic Net folder.

Can you ping the PLCs from the PC station?

Yes I can ping it

It's not as easy as I've expected :(

The S7-connection in TIA uses a TSAP connection ressource of 10 hex, which cannot be modified. This ressource means, that this is a configured connection and so it needs to be configured in the PLC as well, otherwise it will refuse any connection attempts with this TSAP.
If you use an unspecified connection, then it uses connection ressource 03 which has not to be configured in the PLC - but then you don't get the symbol connection.

If you've got PLC and PC-Station in the same project (TIA or Step7) it's an easy task, as you only download the PLC after configuring the connection and it runs. But if I understand you correctly, you want to keep the PLC program in Step7 5.x.

So the only solution will be, to configure a passive S7 connection in the S7 in your Step7 project with the same TSAP you see in the TIA project when you select the S7 connection (10.02 for example) and then download the system data (CPU stop requested).
I can make you some screenshots of the settings if you need further informations.

Hi Thomas ,

So i need to make unspecified connection in the step 7 V5.x project then
download it to the PLC ,

and in TIA portal connection i will keep the configuration of the 2 dummy PLCs with the variables and DBs only ?

or i put only the OPC server and connecting it to unspecified connection only ?

many Thanx for your help.

Bests
Wisam

So i need to make unspecified connection in the step 7 V5.x project then
download it to the PLC ,

and in TIA portal connection i will keep the configuration of the 2 dummy PLCs with the variables and DBs only ?

Yes, but change and set the connection TSAP in Step7 to the same you see in TIA Portal at your PC station in the connection to the CPU.
And remove the option that the connection is initiated by the PLC, this has to be done from the PC station.
or i put only the OPC server and connecting it to unspecified connection only ?
Then you won't get the symbols automatically from the PLC program.

Last edited:
Yes, but change and set the connection TSAP in Step7 to the same you see in TIA Portal at your PC station in the connection to the CPU.
And remove the option that the connection is initiated by the PLC, this has to be done from the PC station.

Then you won't get the symbols automatically from the PLC program.

Hi Thomas it is me again , I have a question on the project we talk about in this thread :

The modification done to make the unspecified connection the TSAP issue (in S7 5.5 program) communicate with OPC server V15; dose it affect the previous connection to the the previous OPC server V6.5 ?

In other words :
can i keep the two server running one on the OPC server 15 and other to existing OPC server V.6.5?

Thanx in advance

The modification done to make the unspecified connection the TSAP issue (in S7 5.5 program) communicate with OPC server V15; dose it affect the previous connection to the the previous OPC server V6.5 ?

In other words :
can i keep the two server running one on the OPC server 15 and other to existing OPC server V.6.5?

With a connection ressource of 0x10 and above, this connection can only used from one partner. So if one OPC-Server is connected to the Plc with this TSAP (combination of ressource and rack/slot), then no other client will get a connection with the same TSAP.

If you want a second two-sided connection (which is needed to get the Plc symbols automaticalls), you have to add a second S7-connection in NetPro, where you have to choose a different connection ressource.

If you don't need the symbols automatically, it'll make many things easier to setup, as then the OPC-Server uses connection ressource 0x03 whis has not to be configured in the Plc.

With a connection ressource of 0x10 and above, this connection can only used from one partner. So if one OPC-Server is connected to the Plc with this TSAP (combination of ressource and rack/slot), then no other client will get a connection with the same TSAP.

If you want a second two-sided connection (which is needed to get the Plc symbols automaticalls), you have to add a second S7-connection in NetPro, where you have to choose a different connection ressource.

If you don't need the symbols automatically, it'll make many things easier to setup, as then the OPC-Server uses connection ressource 0x03 whis has not to be configured in the Plc.

Thanks for very much for the reply .