FactoryTalk View Alarm History Problem

pampoon

I have an SE application set up with alarming through SQL. The data that I am pulling in is coming through radio shot from a few miles away and every time the comms drop out for a second, the Alarm History logs "Alarm fault: Alarm input quality is bad" and then "Alarm fault cleared: Alarm input quality is good" when the comms come back up. This happens hundreds of times a day and it is filling the Alarm History up which makes it hard to find actual alarms. I have tried adding filters to clear out the nuisance alarms, but to no avail. This is my first time dealing with the 7.0 version of FTView so I'm still catching on to it, but does anyone know of a way to rid the History of these alarm input logs?

Picture for clarity:
de7043s.png

Thanks

Solution

This setting is under policies in FT Studio.

In your project navigation tree in Sutdio:
- Navigate to System -> Policies -> System Policies -> FT Alarm and Events -> System Settings

And check the box for "Only send changes in quality for active alarms to the alarm history log"

Hope this helps.